PROCESS #9-1238 Rev 2 April/2021 Best Products. | Best Performance. | Best Protection. Page 8 of 10
NuAire, Inc. | 2100 Fernbrook Lane | Plymouth, MN 55447 | U.S.A | ph: 763.553.1270 | fx: 763.553.0459 | tf: 800.328.3352 | www.nuaire.com
12. Closure panels, where specified, shall be constructed from ¼-inch polypropylene and shall
enclose the top of the cabinet to the ceiling and/or the plumbing chase to the wall in the rear.
For ceiling enclosures, the side panels shall fasten to the top of cabinet and the rear wall. The
front panel shall fasten only to the side panels, easily removable to provide access to the top for
13. All internal electrical wiring shall be, as much as possible, enclosed in flexible, UL Listed or
Recognized, non-metal corrosive-resistant, liquid-tight conduit with UL Listed fittings. All
internal junction boxes and enclosures shall be constructed from polypropylene or PVC and shall
be liquid-tight construction and gasketed where required. All exposed controls and visual
indicators shall be constructed from non-metal corrosive-resistant materials or protected by
non-metal, gas-tight enclosures with a clear viewing lens, where required.
14. Supply mains to the cabinet shall be connected to a UL Listed junction box of suitable size to
accommodate required circuits as indicated on the hood schedule. The junction box shall be
non-metallic and require non-metallic liquid-tight connections.
15. Where required, all cabinets shall be provided with a separate support base constructed from ½-
inch polypropylene. Fume hood bases shall be constructed per the requirements for
polypropylene base cabinets, section 12350, except as specified herein.
• Fume hood bases shall have 1½-inch diameter adjustable levelers that are accessible
from inside the base cabinet and protected from spills with a ½-inch high rim, covered
with a removable cap. A minimum of two (front and rear) levelers shall be provided for
each 2-foot section of fume hood. The levelers shall thread through a minimum of 1½-
inches of material for stability and permit an adjustment of 2-inches.
• The top of the base cabinet shall have a 3-inch wide, full interior perimeter stretcher to
facilitate assembly to the hood.
• Hood bases shall have at least one sealed compartment where sinks/cup sinks are
scheduled. The remaining space shall contain a fixed shelf. Where sinks are scheduled
on both sides of the workspace, each shall have a sealed compartment. Each sealed
compartment shall have an access panel for connection to building utilities. Depending
on hood size, any remaining space shall contain a fixed shelf.
• All base cabinet doors shall have four 1½- inch diameter vent holes, centered 4-inches
above the bottom of the door and evenly spaced. An adjustable slide shall be located
on the inside of the door, with an identical offset hole-pattern to control airflow through
the compartment(s). For compartments with shelves, shelves shall permit air to pass
through the front ½-inch of the shelf.
16. There must be no use of nylon materials including nylon filled/mixed or any other combination
of nylon with other plastics. Miscellaneous tubing, valves, caps, etc. may be of other acceptable
(PVC, TFE, PVDF, vinyl, etc.) non-metallic, non-corrosive materials. Unless otherwise specified,
all screws shall be flathead, installed flush to surrounding material and be ¼ x 20.