GEM-MFI SERIES Remote Condenser Location
Use the following for planning the placement of the remote condenser relative to the ice machine.
Location Limits: Remote condenser location must not exceed ANY of the following:
● Maximum rise from the ice machine to the remote condenser is 35 physical feet.
● Maximum drop from the ice machine to the remote condenser is 15 physical feet.
● Physical line set maximum length is 100 feet.
● Calculated line set length maximum is 150 feet.
● Drop = dd x 6.6 (dd= distance in feet)
● Rise = rd x 1.7 (rd = distance in feet)
● Horizontal Run = hd x 1 (hd = distance in feet)
● Calculation: Drop(s) + Rise(s) + Horizontal Run = dd+rd+hd=Calculated Line Length
Configurations that do NOT meet these requirements must receive written authorization from
Ice-O-Matic. This includes multipass or rack system remote condensers.
● Route a line set that rises, then falls, then rises.
● Route a line set that falls, then rises, then falls.
Calculation Example 1:
The remote condenser is to be located 5 feet below the ice machine and then 20 feet away horizontally.
(5 feet x 6.6=33 feet) + (20 feet) = 53 feet. This location would be acceptable.
Calculation Example 2:
The remote condenser is to be located 35 feet above the ice machine and then 100 feet away horizontally.
(35 feet x 1.7=59.5 feet) + (100 feet) = 159.5 feet. 159.5 feet is greater than the 150 maximum is NOT