1-10 Chapter 1: Intel®
1.1.4 Intel® Virtual Raid on CPU in UEFI BIOS
Some motherboards support Intel® Virtual Raid on CPU with RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and
RAID 10 solution. RAID 0 can be created without a KEY module, while RAID 1, RAID 5, and
RAID 10 requires a KEY module.
® CPU RSTe only supports Intel®
Core™ X-series Processors (6-core or above) and Intel® SSD modules.
Internal connectors in your motherboard’s user manual for the
location of the VROC_HW_KEY connector.
as OS drives, please install the Hyper M.2 x16 cards into supported PCIE slots. Refer to
section Expansion slots in your motherboard’s user manual for more information on the
To enter the Intel® Virtual Raid on CPU in UEFI BIOS:
1. Enter the BIOS Setup during POST.
Refer to Chapter 3 in your motherboard’s user manual for details on entering and
navigating through the BIOS Setup.
2. Go to Boot > CSM (Compatibility Support Module), then set Launch CSM to
3. Go to the Advanced > CPU Storage Configuration, then set the PCIE slot(s) that
you have installed the Hyper M.2 x16 card(s) or PCIE X4 SSD card(s) to [Hyper M.2
X16] or [PCIE X4 SSD Card] accordingly.
4. Save your changes and exit the BIOS Setup, then enter the BIOS Setup again.
5. Go to the Advanced > Intel(R) Virtual Raid on CPU to display the Intel® Virtual Raid
on CPU menu.