HCC1010A/W, HCD1010A/W, HCC1410A/W, HCD1410A/W 21
14. Install ceramic mating ring and shaft seal.
Caution: Do not touch the sealed surface of either
part. Oil from bare skin will cause premature seal
15. Use liquid hand soap on the rubber part of the
ceramic seal when installing in main housing. Use
supplied cardboard disc to press into recess.
16. Apply liquid hand soap to raised area of auger
shaft and interior rubber portion of shaft seal before
1 7. Clean O ring groove. Lubricate O ring with petrol-gel
18. Carefully install auger.
19. Rotate auger to position shown to clear main housing
20. Install rear shuttle insulation (Fig. 22.1) and slide
main housing (Fig. 22.2) onto auger.
2 1. When installing new water seal, use screwdriver to
compress the spring (Fig. 22.3), which allows for
easier installation of the three screws.