VACATION/HOLIDAY, PROLONGED SHUTDOWN
The following steps are recommended for periods of
1. Remove all consumable content from the unit.
2. Disconnect the power cord from its outlet/socket and
leave it disconnected until the unit is returned to
3. If ice is on the evaporator, allow ice to thaw naturally.
4. Clean and dry the interior of the unit. Ensure all water
has been removed from the unit.
5. The door must remain open to prevent formation of
mold and mildew. Open door a minimum of 2"
(50 mm) to provide the necessary ventilation.
If the unit will be exposed to temperatures of 40°F (5°C)
or less, the steps above must be followed.
For questions regarding winterization, please
call U-Line at 800.779.2547.
Damage caused by freezing temperatures is not
covered by the warranty.