CARE AND CLEANING (cont.) TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE
You can solve many common appliance problems easily, saving you the cost of a possible service call.
Try the suggestions below to see if you can solve the problem before calling the servicer.
ENERGY SAVING TIPS
• The refrigerator should be located in the coolest area of the room, away from heat-producing
appliances or heating ducts, and out of direct sunlight.
• Let hot foods cool to room temperature before placing in the refrigerator. Overloading the
refrigerator forces the compressor to run longer and thus increase energy consumption. Foods that
refrigerate too slowly may lose quality or spoil.
• Be sure to wrap foods properly, and wipe containers dry before placing in the refrigerator.
• The shelves should not be lined with aluminium foil, wax paper, or paper towels. This will interfere
with cold air circulation, making the refrigerator less efficient.
• Organize food to reduce door openings and extended searches. Remove as many items as needed at
one time, and close the door as soon as possible.
PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSE & REMEDY
Refrigerator does not work
The food is too cold
The food is too warm
Popping or cracking sounds
Refrigerator door does not
Refrigerator has an odor
A. Refrigerator is not switched on. Turn on the temperature
control dial. It may be in the OFF, “0” position
B. Unit is not plugged in or plug is loose.
- Plug in the refrigerator.
C. Fuse has blown or is defective.
- Check fuse, replace if necessary.
D. Wall power socket is defective.
- To be corrected by a qualified
Temperature is not properly adjusted. Set the temperature
control dial to a warmer setting.
A. Temperature is not properly adjusted. Set the temperature
control dial to a cooler setting
B. Door was open for an extended period. Open the door only
as long as necessary. Check door gasket for proper seal.
C. A large quantity of warm food was placed in the refrigerator
within the last 24 hours. Set the temperature control dial to a
colder setting temporarily.
D. The refrigerator is near a heat source. Please look in the
“Protection From Heat and Moisture” section.
When compressor comes on. This is a normal sound of
coolant flowing through condenser coils.
Refrigerator door does not The refrigerator door is not
properly aligned. Re-align the shut properly refrigerator door.
Refer to the “Door Alignment” section.
Ensure nothing is blocking the door.
A. Foods not properly sealed. Remove any contaminated foods.
B. Interior needs cleaning. Please refer to “Cleaning and Care”