IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
READ AND FOLLOW THIS SAFETY INFORMATION CAREFULLY.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
• Prior to using your cooktop for the first time, apply the
recommended cooktop cleaning creme to the ceramic
surface. Buff with a non-abrasive cloth or pad. This
will make cleaning easier when soiled from cooking.
The special cooktop cleaning cream leaves a
protective finish on the glass to help prevent
scratches and abrasions.
• Do not use the cooktop as a worksurface or storage
• Please be careful at the edges when moving pots
Do not operate the cooking zones with empty pots or pans.
• Do not turn on the cooking zones with no pots or
pans on the element.
• Ceramic glass is very tough, and impervious to
sharp temperature changes but is not unbreakable.
It can be damaged if hard or sharp objects fall on it.
• Be very cautious if using pots made of cast iron, or
other pots with rough edges or burrs. Moving these
can cause scratches on glass.
• If sugar or a mixture containing sugar falls onto a hot
cooking zone and melts, remove immediately, while
still hot. If left to cool down, it may damage the
surface when removed.
Do not slide metal or glass across the cooktop surface.
• Keep meltable objects or materials away from the
ceramic glass surface, for example, plastic utensils,
aluminum foil, or cooking wraps.
If any materials or foodstuffs melt on the
ceramicglass surface, these should be cleaned up
NOTE: There is a risk of burning yourself when
the glass scraper is used on a hot cooking zone!
• Do not use cookware with any dirt build up on the
• Do not use cookware with rough or uneven bottoms.
This cookware can mark and scratch the cooktop
• Refer to the owners manual for proper cleaning and
maintenance of the cooktop.
• Do not use the glass cooktop surface as a
• Never cook directly on the galss. Always use
To protect the environment, it is important that worn-
out appliances are disposed of in the correct manner.
• The appliance must not be disposed of with
• You can obtain information about collection dates or
public refuse disposal sites from your local health
council or environmental health office.
HOW TO AVOID DAMAGE TO THE APPLIANCE
DISPOSAL OF OLD APPLIANCES
Burn Hazard: The Cooking Zones may appear
cool when turned ON and after they have been
Before disposing of old appliances please
make them inoperable so they cannot be a
source of danger. To do this, have a qualified
person disconnect the appliance from the
CALIFORNIA SAFE DRINKING WATER AND TOXIC
This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause
cancer. Wash hands after handling.