IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE
• Wear proper apparel. Loose-fitting or hanging
garments should never be worn while using
the appliance. Do not let clothing or other
flammable materials contact hot surfaces.
• Do not use water or flour on grease fires.
Smother the fire with a pan lid, or use baking
soda, a dry chemical or foam-type extinguisher.
• When heating fat or grease, watch it closely.
Fat or grease may catch fire if allowed to become
• Use only dry pot holders. Moist or damp pot
holders on hot surfaces may result in burns from
steam. Do not let the pot holders touch hot
surface units. Do not use a towel or other
bulkycloth instead of a pot holder.
• Do not heat unopened food containers.
Buildup of pressure may cause the container to
burst and result in injury.
• The installation and connection of the new
appliance must only be carried out by qualified
• Flush-mounted appliances may only be operated
following installation in suitable cabinets and
workplaces which conform to the relevant
standards. This ensures sufficient protection
against electric shock as required by certification
• If your appliance malfunctions or fractures, switch
off all cooking zones, and contact Service Center.
• If the surface is cracked, switch off the
appliance to avoid the possibility of electric
shock. Do not reuse your COOKTOP until
the glass surface has been changed.
• When using the COOKTOP, never use
aluminum foil, products wrapped in
aluminum foil, or deep-frozen food in
• If the supply cord is damaged, it must be
replaced by the manufacturer, its service
agent or similarly qualified persons in order
to avoid a hazard.
• This appliance is not intended for use by
young children or infirm persons unless they
have been adequately supervised by a
responsible person to ensure that they can
use the appliance safely.
• Young children should be supervised to
ensure that they do not play with the
• Accessible parts may become hot during
use. Young children should be kept away.