WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual 2-45
Figure 2- 15: Jitter gain check performance screen
10. Measure the amplitude of the 10 kHz square wave on the test oscilloscope.
Note the measurement.
11. Calculate the JITTER OUT scale factor error percentage using the formula:
Jitter Out Scale Factor Error ÆMeasured Amplitude mV 200 mVÉ
12. CHECK that the calculated error is 10% (typical).
13. Read the Measured Jitter amplitude in UI on the WFM700 display.
14. Calculate the HD jitter gain error in percentage using the formula:
HD Jitter Gain Error ÆMeasured Jitter UI 2UI
15. CHECK that the calculated error is 10% (typical).
16. Change RF generator settings as follows:
Frequency 135.0 MHz
17. Allow the display to settle for several seconds.
18. Read the Measured Jitter amplitude in UI on the WFM700 display.