2-44 WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual
This test checks the jitter display and JITTER OUT scale factors.
Typical Operation Check. This test checks for typical operation. Typical values are
not guaranteed characteristics and are not listed in the test record.
NOTE. If this test is performed out of sequence or the sequence of tests has been
interrupted (such as power off or input from another module was selected),
perform the steps in this note to prepare the instrument to continue testing.
a. Connect the SD video generator to INPUT B usinga758cable.
b. Set the SD video generator for a 525-format 100% color bar signal.
c. Press the INPUT button and select Input B.
d. Press the EYE button.
1. Install the 50 8N-to-BNC adapter on the RF generator output.
2. Connect the RF generator output to INPUT A using a 75 8cable. Imped-
ance matching is not important for this connection.
3. Set the RF generator as follows:
Frequency 741.7582 MHz
Output Level 0 dB
Frequency Modulation OFF
LFGEN2 Frequency 10 kHz
LFGEN2 Waveshape SQUARE
Phase Modulation Source LFGEN2
Phase Deviation 3.14 RADIANS
RF Output ON
Phase Modulation ON
4. Connect the JITTER OUT to the 75 8input of the test oscilloscope using a
75 8cable. Use a 75 8-to-50 8adapter on the input of the test oscilloscope
5. Press the INPUT button and select Input A.
6. Press the EYE button and then touch the Display soft key.
7. Touch the Jitter soft key and then touch the Done soft key.
8. Touch the Hi Pass Filter: soft key and set to 10 Hz.
9. Set the oscilloscope controls to produce a stable display. Limit the band-
width setting to reduce displayed noise for better results. See Figure 2--15.
Jitter Gain Check (WFM7M