WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual 2-41
This test checks the Eye Clock recovery Bandwidth. This procedure is only
applicable for a WFM7M Input Module.
Performance Requirement. This test verifies performance characteristics and is
listed in the test record.
NOTE. If this test is performed out of sequence or the sequence of tests has been
interrupted (such as power off or input from another module was selected),
perform the steps in this note to prepare the instrument to continue testing.
a. Connect the SD video generator to INPUT B usinga758cable.
b. Set the SD video generator for a 525-format 100% color bar signal.
c. Press the INPUT button and select Input B.
d. Press the EYE button.
e. Press the INPUT button and select Input A.
1. Install the 50 8N-to-BNC adapter on the RF generator output.
2. Connect the RF generator output to INPUT A using a 75 8cable. Imped-
ance matching is not important for this test.
3. Press the EYE button and then touch the Display soft key.
4. Touch the Eye soft key and then touch the Done soft key.
NOTE. If an adapter is needed to obtain the correct cable connectors, they should
be installed at the generator, not on the WFM700.
5. Set the RF generator as follows:
Frequency 741.7582 MHz
Output Level 0 dBm
Phase Modulation OFF
Frequency Modulation OFF
RF Output ON
6. Touch the Clock BW: soft key. On the resulting screen, touch the 100 Hz
soft key and then the Done soft key.
7. Touch the 3Eyesoft key (3Eyeselected).
8. The displayed waveform should be two overlapping sine waves 180 degrees
out of phase. See Figure 2--14.
Eye Clock Recovery
Bandwidth (WFM7M only)