WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual 2-23
38. Move the cable from the PIX G/Y to the PIX B/Pb connector.
39. Set the test oscilloscope to view the signal. The following oscilloscope
settings normally provide a usable display.
Vertical Scale 100 mV/div
Horizontal Scale 10 us/div
Horizontal Trigger Position 10%
Trigger Slope Rising edge
Trigger Level 300 mV
40. Measure the peak-to-peak amplitude of the waveform displayed on the
oscilloscope. See Figure 2--6 on page 2--21.
41. Calculate the percent amplitude error using the formula:
Amplitude Error ÆMeasured Amplitude mV 700 mVÉ
42. CHECK that the calculated error is between 5%.
43. Measure the black level (the widest horizontal step) referenced to ground on
the test oscilloscope. Change test oscilloscope settings as needed to obtain
the best display. See Figure 2--6.
44. CHECK that the black level is between 25 mV.
45. Move the cable from the PIX B/Pb to the PIX R/Pr connector.
46. Repeat steps 40 through 44.
47. Disconnect the cable from the PIX R/Pr connector.
This test checks for stable operation with external reference signals.
Performance Requirement. This test verifies performance characteristics and is
listed in the test record.
1. Connect the output from the analog video generator to one of the REF IN
connectors using a 75 8cable.
2. Connect a 75 8termination to the remaining REF IN connector.
3. Set the analog video generator for a PAL black signal.
4. Connect the output from the HD video generator to INPUT A using a 75 8
5. Set the HD video generator for a 1080i 50 100% color bars signal.