2-22 WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual
32. Set the test oscilloscope to view the first color bar. The following oscillo-
scope settings normally provide a usable display.
Vertical Scale 100 mV/div
Vertical Position –3.5 div
Horizontal Scale 5 us/div
Horizontal Trigger Position 50%
Trigger Slope Rising edge
Trigger Level 500 mV
33. Measure the amplitude between the black level and the first color bar and
note the measurement. See Figure 2--7.
34. Calculate the percent amplitude error using the formula:
Amplitude Error ÆMeasured Amplitude mV 700 mVÉ
35. CHECK that the calculated error is between 5%.
36. Measure the black level (the level preceding the first color bar step)
referenced to ground on the test oscilloscope. Change test oscilloscope
settings if needed. Note the measurement. See Figure 2--7.
37. CHECK that the black level is between 25 mV.
First color bar
Figure 2- 7: SD pix video output level performance screen