WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual 2-9
The Performance Tests verify that the WFM700 waveform monitor (all models)
meets the warranted characteristics listed in the Specifications section of the
WFM700 Series Technical Reference document. Characteristics with typical
specifications (not warranted) are also checked.
NOTE. WFM700 firmware version 1.3 or above is required to perform all tests in
this section. Verify the firmware version and update if needed.
This test checks for stable operation over a varied AC input range.
Performance Requirement. This test verifies performance characteristics and is
listed in the test record.
1. Connect the AC power cord from the WFM700 to the variable
2. Power on both the autotransformer and the WFM700.
3. Connect the HD video generator to INPUT A using a 75 8cable.
4. Set the HD video generator for a 1080i 59.94 100% Sweep1–30MHz
5. Press the INPUT button and select Input A.
6. Vary the autotransformer from 90 V to 264 V.
7. CHECK for a stable display and no error indications over the entire voltage
8. Set autotransformer to 90 V.
9. Press the ON/STBY button to power off the WFM700.
10. Press the ON/STBY button to power on the WFM700.
11. CHECK that the WFM700 re-starts and after boot-up the HD color bar signal
12. Return the autotransformer setting to local nominal mains voltage.
Power Source Range