4-6 WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual
Cleaning Procedure — Interior. To clean the instrument interior, do the following
1. Blow off dust with dry, low-pressure, deionized air (approximately 9 psi).
2. Remove any remaining dust with a lint-free cloth dampened in isopropyl
alcohol (75% solution). (A cotton-tipped applicator is useful for cleaning in
narrow spaces and on circuit boards.)
STOP. If, after doing steps 1 and 2, a module is clean upon inspection, skip the
3. If steps 1 and 2 do not remove all the dust or dirt, the instrument may be
spray washed using a solution of 75% isopropyl alcohol by doing steps 4
4. Gain access to the parts to be cleaned by removing easily accessible shields
and panels (see Removal and Installation Procedures).
5. Spray wash dirty parts with the isopropyl alcohol and wait 60 seconds for the
majority of the alcohol to evaporate.
6. Use hot (120 _F to 140 _F) deionized water to thoroughly rinse them.
7. Dry all parts with low-pressure, deionized air.
8. Dry all components and assemblies in an oven or drying compartment using
low-temperature (125 _F to 150 _F) circulating air.
This section contains the information needed to repackage the portable main-
frame for shipment or storage.