3-12 WFM700 Series Waveform Monitors Service Manual
This procedure adjusts the touch panel to match the screen display. This
procedure is valid for all WFM700 models (all video module types).
1. Press the CONFIG button, then touch the Calibration soft key and then the
Next Menu soft key.
2. Start the adjustment procedure by touching the Touchpanel Calibration soft
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.
4. Press the CONFIG button twice to exit the configuration menu.
This procedure adjusts the eye display vertical gain. This adjustment is only
available for the WFM700M (WFM700 with a WFM7M module).
Following is a list of the signal requirements to perform the adjustment.
Adjacent to the requirement is the recommended equipment and test signals.
Adjustment requirements Recommended test equipment and test signal
REC601 800 mV test signal SD video generator set to 525-format 100% color bar
The amplitude of the signal is typical. Use the adjustment
procedure to obtain the actual generator output level.
75 8coaxial cable One meter long
1. Connect the SD video generator to the 75 8input of the test oscilloscope
using a 75 8cable. Use a 75 8-to-50 8adapter on the input of the test
oscilloscope if necessary.
2. Set the SD video generator for a 525-format 100% color bar signal.
3. Set the test oscilloscope to view the signal. The following oscilloscope
settings normally provide a usable display.
Vertical Scale 200 mV
Horizontal Scale 2 ns/div
Horizontal Trigger Position 10%
Trigger Level 100 mV
4. Measure the amplitude of the signal on the test oscilloscope. Note this
measurement as the Reference Amplitude. See Figure 3--9 for measurement
Eye Gain Adjustment