Unlocking is delayed 15
seconds while an alarm sounds.
Automatic Voltage Selection
Magnet immediately detects
12VDC or 24VDC when power
unlock the magnet immediately.
Allows use of an auxiliary switch
such as an exit device or push
Activates external alarm, when
in alarm state.
LED Status and Audible Alarm
*Magnetic Bond Sensor (MBS)
Detects proper bond between
magnet and armature. It can be
monitored remotely and locally
with an LED.
*Door Position Switch (DPS)
Indicates whether door is open
or closed. This feature is used
in conjunction with the MBS.
*Relock Time Delay
Relock time can be changed.
Range is 1 - 30 seconds.
*Door Prop Timer
Allows adjustment of the
amount of time a door can be
propped open before alarm
sounds. Range is 0 - 150
* Plus Version Only
M490DE (Single Lock Basic)
Delayed Egress, Automatic
M490DEP (Single Lock Plus)
Basic features + Magnetic Bond
Sensor (MBS), Door Position
Switch (DPS), Relock Time
Delay, Door Prop Timer, and
M490DE-2 (Double Lock Basic)
Double lock with same features
as the Basic single lock
M490DEP-2 (Double Lock Plus)
Double lock with same features
as the Plus single lock
• BOCA is a Plus only lock option.
• If BOCA option model is provided,
see page 12 for operational
• Units shall not impair operation of panic hardware mounted on door.
• Units shall not impair intended operation of an emergency exit.
• Not to be used without UL approved latching hardware.
• Units/Models are intended to be connected to UL Listed Equipment, not
intended for Burglar or Fire Alarm Initiating or Indicating Devices.
• Ambient Conditions - “For Indoor Use Only”.
• Wiring methods shall be in accordance with the National Electrical Code,
• This device complies with part 15 of FCC rules.
Operation is subject to following two conditions:
1. This device may not cause harmful interference.
2. This device must accept any interference received, including any
interference that may cause undesired operation. Changes or
could void user’s authority to operate equipment.
Input Current @ 12VDC Input .75ADC 1.25ADC
Input Current @ 24VDC Input .45ADC .76ADC
Holding Force Per Door Leaf 1500 lbs. 1500 lbs.
Size 3” x 12 1/2” 3” x 25 1/16”
Wire Gauge and Length Speciﬁcations
Max. Wire Length
Single Lock Double lock
Wire Gauge 12VDC 24VDC 12VDC 24VDC
14 1000 feet 4000 feet 500 feet 2000 feet
18 400 feet 1600 feet 200 feet 800 feet
Warnings and Cautions
Warnings indicate potentially hazardous conditions, which if not
avoided or corrected, may cause death or serious injury.
Cautions indicate potentially hazardous conditions, which if
not avoided or corrected, may cause minor or moderate injury.
Cautions may also warn against unsafe practices.
• Use ONLY the hardware provided for mounting this product
(NOTE: Non-standard Door thickness may require different sex nut
• Follow the installation procedure as described in this manual.
• Check door thickness. If the door is not 1³⁄₄” thick, a different sex nut
will be required. Contact customer service at 1-877-671-7011.
• Check door header. A minimum 2³⁄₄
securely mount all screws for the magnet. If you do not have the
properly mount the magnet.
Contact customer service at 1-877-671-7011.
Door: 1³⁄₄” Thick
Header: At least