Making and Managing Calls Recording a Call
ShoreTel 14.2 ShoreTel Communicator for Windows 31
3. Select the call in the Active Call area, and click Hold on the Call toolbar.
Recording a Call
You can record conversations using ShoreTel Communicator, if authorized by your system
administrator. You can record your own calls or record the calls other system users. A tone informs
external callers that the call is being recorded. The recording is placed in your voice mailbox.
Once recording starts, the details associated with the call in the Active Call area changes to indicate
that the call is being recorded.
ShoreTel conference calls cannot be recorded. Recording stops when a call is parked, transferred, or
the recording is terminated.
Recording your own calls
1. Right-click on the call in the Active Call area, and select Record from the resulting menu.
2. Choose Record from the Call menu.
Recording other calls
1. Right-click on the contact whose call you want to record in the Contact window, and select Record
from the resulting menu.
2. Right-click on the agent whose call you want to record in the Agent Monitor window, and select
Record from the resulting menu.
3. Choose Record Extension from the Call toolbar, to record the conversation of the extension
associated with that particular instance of the icon.
Terminating call recordings
1. Right-click on the call in the Active Call area, and select Stop Recording from the resulting menu
or choose Call > Stop Recording.
Muting a Call
Using ShoreTel Communicator, you can mute a call so that you can continue to listen to the other party
without being heard. To must a call, select the call in the Active Call area, and click the Mute icon
on the Assignment bar. The Mute icon changes color to a bright orange. Clicking the Mute icon again
unmutes the call and changes the icon color back to blue.
Sending Digits While on a Call
While on a call you may need to send digits, for example to specify a menu choice or enter a
conference code. ShoreTel Communicator provides a keypad dialer for this use; you cannot make a
call using the keypad dialer.