D-108 Owner's Manual (Saving and Loading Song Data)
External Digital device (DAT or Adat)
ANALOG OUTANALOG IN
Loading the data using DATA IN
Load the data by S/P DIF digital signals (or adat digital signals) from the DATA IN jack of the D-108.
The prerequisite is that an E-IDE hard disk is the current drive, as in the save conditions mentioned earlier.
* Restore the initial settings on the D-108.
* Set the same sampling rate on the external digital device and the D-108.
Connecting the external device
Connect DATA INPUT connectors of the D-108 to the digital output connectors on the external digital device.
* The D-108 has DATA INPUT connectors for an S/P DIF digital signal (OPTICAL) and for an adat
digital signal. These connectors have the same shape but carry different information.
* Do not remove the optical cable or perform any other operation that would disconnect the S/P DIF
signal until the session is complete. Otherwise, the D-108 will generate noise, and affect the
* If the external device has only COAXIAL type (RCA) digital I/O connectors, connect an optional COP-1
(optical/coaxial converter) to use an S/P DIF digital signal.
* Connecting both output and input connectors on the D-108 to the input and output connectors on the
external digital device respectively may generate a digital loop. Refer to “Connecting a digital mixer” on
page "50" for more information.
Setting up an external device
1.Setup the external device so that it can output a digital signal.
2.Locate the beginning of the pilot signal recorded in the saved data.
* Refer to the instruction manual that came with your external digital device for details.
Executing the load operation
You will use the “Load PGM ?” menu in Setup mode.
* Input format available: adat, DAT, SCSI (6)
* Programs available: P01 - P99
* Track available: When using an adat or DAT: Tracks 1-8, Tracks 1-16, Tracks 1-24, Tracks 9-16,
Tracks 9-24, Tracks 17-24;
When using a SCSI disk: All tracks will be automatically selected.