D-108 Owner’s Manual (Storing a Locate Point <Edit Point>)
• You can store the edited data in a memory key other than the one you pressed when you recalled the data.
For example, you can recall the AUTO PUNCH IN point data, edit it, and store it to the AUTO PUNCH OUT key.
• Refer to page 39 for more information on Auto Punch In/Out.
• Refer to page 67 for more information on Copy & Paste, Move & Paste, and Erase.
• Refer to page 60 for more information on Auto Return and Auto Repeat.
• You can also use the Preview function to edit the stored locate points (edit points). Refer to “Preview Function” on page 65 for more
Storing and editing LOCATE key
You can store up to 99 individual time data in the LOCATE key for Locate only operations.
The time data stored can also be assigned with a specific locate number from 01-99. This means the desired
locate number can be specified to locate that specific time data. The memory data of the LOCATE key can also be
edited in the same manner as the data in the Memory key. After editing the data the LOCATE key can locate that
point, or even be re-stored as data for other Memory keys.
* The last data located with the Memory key or LOCATE key is constantly stored as LOCATE number 00. However, this data
is constantly replaced after every LOCATE command. Therefore, do not use Locate Number 00 for independent Locate
* You cannot preview the data stored in the LOCATE key, though it is possible to preview data stored in other Memory keys.
* If you use a time base that is not an ABS time, there is a need to priory switch to the desired time base using the DISP SEL
key and EXECUTE/YES key.
* Any editing or storing of data for the LOCATE point is valid only for the program that is currently started up.
8 TRACK DIGITAL RECORDER
LOCATE REC END
RECORD STOP PLAY REWIND F FWD
TIME BASE SEL
COPY MOVE PASTE
START OUTIN END
TC INLOCKED HD ACCESS
1/9 2/10 3/11 4/12 5/13 6/14 7/15 8/16
IN / OUT
LOCATE ABS 0
1. Press the PLAY button to start playback.
2. Press the HOLD/> key in the store location.
When you press the HOLD/> key the time base (or bar/
beat/clock) will return to the edit mode of the data put
Storing in real-time
You can store the locate point (in the ABS, MTC, or BAR/BEAT/CLK Time Base) in real-time while the D-108 is
3. Press the STORE key (the STORE LED lights up).
The memory number selection menu will appear, as