D-108 Owner’s Manual (Recording to a Metronome Sound)
Checking the metronome sound
1. Depress the DISP SEL key, then press the
EXECUTE/YES key to priory switch the time base
2. Start playback from the beginning of the Program.
Even if the selected Program does not have any recorded
data, track 8 outputs the metronome sound and the D-
108 counts time.
3. Adjust the system so the sound output from track
8 can be monitored with the mixer.
You will hear the metronome sound output from track 8
using the Tempo Map created earlier.
4. After confirming the metronome sound, stop the
recorder section and return to the top Program.
10. Hold down the RECORD button and press the
PLAY button to start recording.
The READY track will go to the input monitor mode just
as when the recording level was adjusted. The time the
level that was actually adjusted with the mixer will be
11. Play the musical instrument in time with the
Adjusting monitor/record level of the
5. Press the RECORD TRACK select key of the track
to record the musical instrument on, and then put
that track in the READY mode.
6. Press the RECORD button.
The LED of the RECORD button will flash and the READY
track will go to the input monitor mode.
7. Press the PLAY button and playback the Program
from the top.
Only the READY track will go to the input monitor mode
(recording does not take place), and all other tracks will
be in the reproduction monitor mode, therefore track 8
plays back the metronome sound.
12. Press the STOP button to stop the recorder.
Checking the recorded sound
13. Turn OFF the ready track RECORD TRACK select
14. Locate the top of the Program and start playback.
Adjust and monitor the track playback sound recorded
on the mixer. Since the metronome function still remains
ON at this time, you can hear the metronome sound
during playback of the recorded sounds when you turn
up the track 8 monitor volume.
8. Play the musical instrument in time with the
metronome and adjust the recording level of the
track to be recorded on the mixer.
9. After adjusting the recording level, stop the
recorder and return to the top of the Program.
8 TRACK DIGITAL RECORDER
LOCATE REC END
RECORD STOP PLAY REWIND F FWD
TIME BASE SEL
COPY MOVE PASTE
START OUTIN END
TC INLOCKED HD ACCESS
1/9 2/10 3/11 4/12 5/13 6/14 7/15 8/16
IN / OUT
LOCATE ABS 0
610 2, 7