D-108 Owner’s Manual (Changing the initial setting <SETUP mode>)
5. Press the EXECUTE/YES key once again.
The setting will be registered and the display will go back to
step 2 above.
* Press either the “STOP” button or EXIT/NO key to re-
turn from the second step menu to the first or to quit
SETUP mode. The menu will go backwards each time you
press either key so that you can correct the setting, choose
some other SETUP mode or eventually return to the
normal time base display.
Slave Mode Setting ("Slave Mode? ")
This mode allows you to choose the D-108 slave mode setting either ON or OFF.
If you set the mode to ON, the D-108 will synchronize to the incoming MTC(MIDI time code)from master unit. It will also synchronize
to a type of external sync signal which you have chosen with the section “Sync Signal Setting”.
You can make up a multi track recording system using Fostex Digital Multitrack Recorder, and also with some sequencer software.
* See Page "75" for MIDI synchronization for more details.
* Initial setting : Off
* Available setting : On, Off
* This setting is applicable song by song.
* This setting can be saved or loaded as a part of the song data.
* The setting is memorized even when the power is off.
* Make sure you choose the right program before setting up this mode.
* Make sure you choose the right sampling frequency before setting up this mode.
1. Press the DISP SEL key and choose the flashing SETUP
mode on the display. Then, press the EXECUTE/YES key.
The SETUP display will stop flashing.
2. With the JOG dial, choose “Slave Mode?”.
The “?” display will start flashing. The display will also show
the current setting. In the case of the initial setting, it will
3. Press the EXECUTE/YES key.
The current setting will start flashing which indicates it is
ready to change setting.
4. With the JOG dial, choose either “On” or “Off”.
If you choose “Off”, the slave function will not work.
5. Press EXECUTE/YES key after choosing the setting you want.
If you have chosen “Off”, the display will go back to step 2
described above. However, if you have chosen “On”, as well
as the display going back to step 2, the “CHASE” indicator on
the display will start flashing.
This means that the Slave Mode has been set to On but, “Chase
Lock” has not been achieved yet. When the “Chase Lock” is
completed, the “CHASE” indicator will stop flashing.
You can now choose which type of sync signal the D-160
should follow, after you have set this mode to On. Refer to
next section “Slave Type Setting” for more details.
The “CHASE” indicator on the display will start flashing.
6. Press either the STOP button or EXIT/NO key to go back to
the normal time base display before entering the SETUP