36 ShoreTel Communicator for Mac ShoreTel 14.2
ShoreTel Communicator for Mac Editing the Subject Heading
Complete the following steps to delete a voice mail:
1. From the Voice Mail window, select the voice mail you want to delete from the Inbox or Saved
2. Click Delete.
The message is moved to the Deleted folder.
Editing the Subject Heading
By default, all voice mails in the Voice Mail window have the subject heading “Voice Message” and the
extension the voice was made from. You can create a more descriptive heading to help you easily
identify the subject of the message.
Complete the following steps to edit the subject of a voice mail:
1. From the Voice Mail window, select the voice mail whose subject you want to edit.
2. Choose More > Edit Subject.
3. Type the new heading in the active Subject field of the message.
Changing the Message Status
You can manually change a message status to visually indicate that a message is heard or unheard.
Unheard messages are listed in bold in the Voice Mail window.
Moving an unheard voice mail from the Inbox to either the Saved or Deleted folders will mark the
message as heard.
Complete the following steps to change the message status:
1. From the Voice Mail window, select the voice mail whose status you want to change.
2. Choose More > Mark as Heard or More > Mark as Unheard, as appropriate.
Forwarding a Voice Mail
Forwarding a voice mail sends the message to another ShoreTel user. Note that you can only forward
public voice mails; voice mails you have received that are marked private cannot be forwarded.
Complete the following steps to forward a voice mail:
1. From the Voice Mail window, select the voice mail that you want to forward.
2. Choose More > Forward.