Field Memory Recorder (Chapter 7: MENU mode/Setup menu)
Selecting the default recording format (Def.FS/BIT)
This item selects the default audio format of a memory card when it is formatted.
In the following description, it is assumed that the FR-2LE is in the MENU mode and the main
menu screen is shown ("File >" is highlighted).
This setting is applied to the audio format setting in the "Format" item on the
"Disk" menu. You can, however, change the audio format on the "Format" screen. See
page 92 for details.
1) Use the [+] or [-] key to select "Setup >" and press the [MENU/ENTER] key.
The display now shows the Setup menu.
2) Use the [+] or [-] key to select "Def. FS/BIT: ******" and press the [MENU/ENTER] key.
The current setting starts flashing and you can now change the setting (in the screen
example below, "BWF44/16" is currently selected).
You can select from among the following types, as with the selection on the "Format" screen.
BWF 44/16 44.1kHz/16 bit, BWF file mode
BWF 44/24 44.1kHz/24 bit, BWF file mode
* MP3 (MPEG Layer-3): The MPEG Layer-3 audio decoding technology is licensed from
Fraunhofer IIS and Thomson.
3) Use the [+] or [-] key to select the desired format and press the [MENU/ENTER] key.
You completes the setting and the display changes to show the previous screen.
4) Press the [STOP/CANCEL] key to exit the MENU mode.
BWF 48/16 48 kHz/16 bit, BWF file mode
BWF 48/24 48 kHz/24 bit, BWF file mode
BWF 88/24 88.2 kHz/24 bit, BWF file mode
BWF 96/24 96 kHz/24 bit, BWF file mode
MP3-192 MP3 192kbps compressed file mode