Field Memory Recorder (Chapter 2: Before using the FR-2LE)
Used batteries should be disposed following to your local regulations to avoid
problems of environmental pollution.
• Reducing the battery power consumption
The following shows tips for reducing battery power consumption to extend the
• The lower the input impedance of a device connected to the FR-2LE's output
connectors (MONITOR OUT), the less battery power the unit consumes.
• The lower the output level of headphones or internal monitor speaker, the less
• If you do not use the unit for a long period of time, you should remove batteries
(when batteries are inserted, the unit consumes little power even though the
[POWER] switch is set to "OFF").
The chart below shows the expected battery life of continuous operation by type.
Note that it depends on the circumstance the FR-2LE is used (temperature, humid-
ity, the number of recordings) and battery manufacturers, therefore, use the chart
just for your reference.
The FR-2LE can indicate remaining battery life, as well as can generate the error
tone when the power voltage drops down to the specific level. See "Battery remain-
ing indication" on page 26 for details about the voltage indication, and see page
107 for details about error tone output.
Ni-MH (4.8V) Alkaline (6V)
approx. 4 hours
(using 2150 mAh)
approx. 4 hours
(using 2300 mAh)
Wipe terminals of the battery case and batteries with a dry cloth on occasion.
If terminals are dirty, the voltage supplied to the unit may drop down.
4) After inserting the battery case (or a Tamiya battery) to the unit, close the compartment
Tamiya Battery (7.2V)
approx. 8 hours
(using 3600 mAh)