Field Memory Recorder (Chapter 8: Main specifications)
FOR THE US CUSTOMERS ONLY
FOSTEX AMERICA LIMITED WARRANTY
The following statement defines specific legal rights. You may also have additional rights depending on the state in
which the Fostex product was purchased.
All Fostex parts are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase, except for recording media, such
as hard disc drives and compact flash cards, heads, lamps and fuses, which are warranted, for one hundred-eighty
(180) days. Fostex America will repair and / or replace parts during the term of this warranty. Labor costs are also
covered by Fostex America for one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Except as specified below, this
warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product.
The following are not covered by this warranty:
2. Damage to any product that has been altered.
3. Damage to any product on which the original serial number has been defaced, modified or removed.
4. Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
5. Damage occurring during shipment of the product. (NOTE: Shipping claims must be presented to the
6. Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse or neglect.
7. Damage resulting from failure to perform routine maintenance and / or calibration procedures.
8. Damage resulting from failure to follow instruction in the owner's manual.
9. Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair or by someone other than a Fostex America Service
technician or a technician at an authorized Fostex America service station.
10. Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence or
experience on the part of the user.
11. External appearance items such as cosmetic parts, knobs, liquid crystal displays, buttons, etc.
12. Replacements or repairs necessitated by loss or damages resulting from any cause beyond the control of
13. Damage resulting from misuse or abuse on rental units.
NOTE: FOSTEX AMERICA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DATA LOST OR DAMAGED DURING OPERATION OF THIS
CALIBRATION AND MAINTENANCE PROCEDURES ARE NOT COVERED BY THIS WARRANTY.
Fostex America reserves the right to inspect all products submitted pursuant to this warranty.
If such an inspection shows reasonable cause to believe that any of the above exclusions to the above warranty are
applicable, then Fostex America or the authorized service station will charge prevailing service rates and parts, costs
for any repairs.