36 User Guide ShoreTel IP Phone 485g
Customizing Your Phone Changing Your Active Call Handling Mode
The call handling modes are as follows:
Standard mode (the default) allows you to answer all incoming calls.
In a Meeting
Out of Office
If you select a “Do Not Disturb” call handling mode, your phone displays the icon for all call
appearance buttons, and the call appearance LEDs light up orange. The “Do Not Disturb” option is in
effect when you specify that calls are always to be forwarded. For more information, see Specifying
Options for Call Handling Modes.
Changing Your Active Call Handling Mode
1. Press the Mode soft key.
The call handling modes are displayed, and the active mode is indicated with a check mark.
2. To select a different call handling mode, press the or navigation keys to scroll to the
desired call handling mode.
3. Press the OK soft key.
The call handling mode for your phone changes to the selected mode.
Specifying Options for Call Handling Modes
1. Press the Options soft key.
2. Enter your voicemail password, and press the OK soft key.
The Options menu opens, and the Call Handling option is highlighted.
3. With the Call Handling option highlighted, press the Edit soft key.
4. Press the navigation key to scroll to the call handling mode for which you want to specify
options, and then press the Edit soft key.
5. Specify when to forward calls by using the Next value or Prev value soft keys or the or keys
on the navigation key pad to highlight one of the following values:
Pressing the Mode soft key changes the mode from “Standard” to “In a Meeting” or from any of
the other modes to “Standard” after five seconds. If you scroll through the modes, the timer is