ShoreTel Communicator for Windows Chapter 11: Silent Coach
Step 3 Enter the button label in the Label field.
Step 4 To program the button to monitor the calls of a specific user, enter the user’s
extension in the Extension field.
If this field is left blank, pressing the IP Phone button queries the initiator to enter
a number in the Telephone User Interface before the session begins.
Step 5 Click Save to store panel changes.
11.3 Performing a Silent Coach Operation
Silent Coach is initiated from the following:
• ShoreTel Communicator programmable button
• ShoreTel Communicator menu option
• ShorePhone programmable button
•Any phone by pressing the code *22, then entering the target extension.
11.3.1 ShoreTel Communicator
ShoreTel Communicator supports two methods of initiating Silent Coach operations – from
menu options and by pressing a toolbar button.
To perform a Silent Coach from a ShoreTel Communicator Menu:
Step 1 Perform one of the following:
• Click the Application Button, then select Dial -> Silent Coach.
• Select Dial -> Silent Coach from the main menu.
• Right click the System Tray ShoreTel icon select Dial -> Silent Coach.
ShoreTel Communicator displays the Silent Coach dialog box, as shown in Figure
Figure 11-3 Programming IP Phone Button – Silent Coach