TASCAM SS-R250N 89
12 – Other Settings, Information Screens and Keyboard Operations
Checking the firmware version
You can check the version of the system firmware used by the
1. Select VERSION on the SYSTEM 2 page to open the VERSION
screen.(see “Menu operation procedures” on page 22)
On the VERSION screen, information is shown about the
system firmware version, build number and FPGA firmware
2. Press the MENU [JOG] button to return to the Menu Screen.
Firmware update procedures
1. Download the latest firmware from the TEAC Global Site
Decompress the downloaded file if it is in ZIP format or
another compressed file type.
2. Copy the downloaded firmware to the root level of the
3. Load the medium prepared in step 2 in an SD card slot or
the USB port on the front of the unit.
4. Set that medium as the current medium on the MEDIA SE-
5. Select UPDATE on the SYSTEM 2 page to open the FIRMWARE
UPDATE screen.(see “Menu operation procedures” on page
Update the unit's firmware.
Update the unit's FPGA.
Update the firmware of a TASCAM RC-SS150 remote
6. Select the item to update, and press the MULTI JOG dial.
After the medium and firmware update file have been veri-
fied, the following screen will appear.
i The screen above shows a list of firmware update files in the
root folder of the current medium. The firmware copied in
step 2 above should also be shown.
No Update File is shown if no update file is in the directory.
i A maximum of five lines of firmware can be shown at the
same time. If there are more files than can be shown on the
display at once, use the MULTI JOG dial to scroll the list.
i The screen shown above is an example. The actual appear-
ance will differ.
7. Select the firmware update to use.
The screen shown below will appear.
The number of the current version is shown on the left and
the update version is shown on the right.
The screen shown above is an example. The actual appear-
ance will differ.
8. Press the MULTI JOG dial to start updating.
i Be careful not to let the power be interrupted during the up-
i If the power is interrupted during the update, the unit might
9. When the update completes, the following message will
10. When the unit automatically turns off after the message
appears, turn it on again.
11. Confirm that the latest firmware is being used. This com-
pletes the update procedure.(see “Checking the firmware
version” on page 89)
12. Delete the firmware update file from the medium.