TASCAM DR-07X 29
4 – Recording
Capturing a few seconds before starting
recording (PRE REC)
By using prerecording, when the unit is in recording standby
you can record up to two seconds of the signal input before
the RECORD  button is pushed to start recording.
1. Press the MENU button to open the MENU screen.
2. Use the + or – button to select (highlight) the REC
SETTING menu item, and press the 7 button.
The REC SETTING screen opens.
3. Use the + or – button to select (highlight) the PRE REC
menu item, and press the / or 7 button.
4. Use the + or – button to select ON. (Default: OFF)
5. After completing the setting, press the ¤ (HOME) 
button to return to the Home Screen.
By using this in combination with the AUTO REC function,
you can record events without losing the beginnings of
iIf you start recording within two seconds from when the
record standby mode is turned ON, recording will begin
from the moment of record standby.
iThe pre-recording function cannot be used during
overdub or overwrite recording.
Similar to a camera, the DR-07X has a self-timer function to
begin recording after a set period of time.
1. Press the RECORD  button when stopped or playing
back to set the unit in recording standby, and press the
PB CONT button.
2. The self-timer icon appears with the time shown to
the right on the recorder status screen.
Each time you press the PB CONT button, the setting
changes as follows.
Time shown to the right of the icon
3. Set the time period, and press the RECORD  or 7
Recording will start after the set time period.
iWhen the set time is elapsing, the REC indicator blinks
iThe self-timer cannot be used when recording is paused.
iThe self-timer function cannot be used when using the
AUTO REC function.
iDuring overwrite recording, the self-timer cannot be used.