26 TASCAM DR-07X
4 – Recording
1. Press the MENU button to open the MENU screen.
2. Use the + or – button to select (highlight) OTHERS and
press the 7 button.
This opens the OTHERS screen.
3. Use the + or – button to select (highlight) the MONITOR
MIX and press the 7 button.
The MONITOR MIX screen will open.
4. Use the + or – button to select (highlight) the INPUT
item, and press the / or 7 button.
5. Use the + or – button to select ON. (Default: OFF)
Monitoring of input sound is now enabled.
6. Press the . button to enable selection of settings.
7. Use the + or – button to select (highlight) the PB INPUT
menu item, and press the / or 7 button.
8. Use the + or – button to adjust the playback volume
This can be set from 0 - 20.
9. After completing the setting, press the ¤ (HOME) 
button to return to the Home Screen.
You cannot change the MONITOR MIX screen INPUT ON/
OFF setting when recording or in recording standby.
By making the above settings, in addition to overdubbing,
you can use a recorded (or copied) audio track for
instrument practice or karaoke.
Adjusting the input level
When the MONITOR MIX function is on, pressing the QUICK
button enables input level adjustment.
1. Press the QUICK button while the Home Screen is open
during playback or when stopped.
The Quick menu will open.
Quick menu when stopped
2. While listening to the input sound, use the . or /
button to adjust the input level.
iWhen the Quick menu is open, the level meters cannot be
viewed while making adjustments.
iAt the level when distortion of the input sound is about to
occur, the PEAK indicator on the left above the display will
light. Adjust the input level so the PEAK indicator does not
When the MONITOR MIX function is on and during
overdubbing, the PEAK indicator lights when the
combined input and playback signals become higher than
the set level.