8 TASCAM SD-20M
1 – Introduction
Trademarks and copyrights
• TASCAM is a trademark of TEAC CORPORATION, registered
in the U.S. and other countries.
• SDXC Logo is a trademark of SD-3C, LLC.
• Blackfin® and the Blackfin logo are registered trademarks of
Analog Devices, Inc.
• Other company names, product names and logos in this
document are the trademarks or registered trademarks of
their respective owners.
Information is given about products in this manual only
for the purpose of example and does not indicate any
guarantees against infringements of third-party intellectual
property rights and other rights related to them. TEAC
Corporation will bear no responsibility for infringements on
third-party intellectual property rights or other liabilities that
occur as a result of the use of this product.
Properties copyrighted by third parties cannot be used for
any purpose other than personal enjoyment and the like
without the permission of the right holders recognized by
copyright law. Always use this equipment properly.
TEAC Corporation will bear no responsibility for rights
infringements committed by users of this product.
Precautions for placement and use
• The operating temperature range of this unit is 0–40 °C.
• Do not install this unit in the following types of locations.
Doing so could make the sound quality worse or cause
Places with significant vibrations
Near windows or other places exposed to direct sunlight
Near heaters or other extremely hot places
Extremely cold places
Places with bad ventilation or high humidity
Very dusty locations
• To enable good heat dissipation, do not place anything on
top of the unit.
• Do not place this unit on top of a power amplifier or other
device that generates heat.
• To mount this unit in a rack, use the included rackmount
screw kit and mount it as shown in the illustration below.
Leave at least 1U of space open above it in the rack.
Beware of condensation
Condensation could occur if the unit is moved from a cold place
to a warm place, it is used immediately after a cold room has
been heated or it is otherwise exposed to a sudden temperature
change. To prevent this, or if this occurs, let the unit sit for one or
two hours at the new room temperature before using it.
Cleaning the unit
To clean the unit, wipe it gently with a soft dry cloth. Do not
wipe with chemical cleaning cloths, thinner, alcohol or other
chemical agents. Doing so could damage the surface or cause