16 TASCAM DR-60D
1 – Introduction
You can use 64 MB–2 GB SD cards and 4 GB–32 GB SDHC cards with
A list of SD cards that have been confirmed for use with this unit can
be found on the TASCAM website (http://tascam.com/). Please check
this site or contact TASCAM customer support.
Precautions for use
SD cards are delicate media. In order to avoid damaging a card or
the card slot, please take the following precautions when handling
• Do not leave them in extremely hot or cold places.
• Do not leave them in extremely humid places.
• Do not let them get wet.
• Do not put things on top of them or twist them.
• Do not hit them.
Precautions for installation
• The unit’s nominal operating temperature is from 0º to 40º C
• Do not install in the following types of places. Doing so could
degrade the sound quality or cause malfunctions.
• Places with significant vibrations
• Near windows or other places exposed to direct sunlight
• Near heaters or other extremely hot places
• Extremely cold places
• Places with high humidity or bad ventilation
• Dusty places
• Places directly exposed to rain or other water
• Do not place this unit on top of a power amplifier or other device
that generates heat.
• If this unit is placed near a power amplifier or other device with
a large transformer, it could cause that device to hum. If this
occurs, increase the distance between this unit and the other
• If used nearby, this unit could cause color irregularities on a TV
screen or noise on a radio. If this occurs, increase the distance
between this unit and the other device.
• This unit might produce noise if a mobile phone or other wireless
device is used nearby to make calls or send or receive signals. If
this occurs, increase the distance between this unit and the other
device or turn off the other device.
Beware of condensation
If the unit is moved from a cold to a warm place, or used immedi-
ately after a cold room has been heated or otherwise exposed to a
sudden temperature change, condensation could occur. Should this
happen, leave the unit for one or two hours before turning the unit
Cleaning the unit
To clean the unit, wipe it gently with a soft dry cloth. Do not wipe
with chemical cleaning cloths, paint thinner, ethyl alcohol or other
chemical agents to clean the unit as they could damage the surface.
See the end of this manual for details about user registration.