CANNER TO THE
Stand Alone Keyboard MS1890-47
1. Turn off the host device.
2. Plug the male 10-pin RJ45 end of the
PowerLink cable into the 10-pin socket
on the MS1890. There will be an
audible click when the connector lock
3. Slide the protective cable boot up the
cable, over the connector and onto the
end of scanner handle.
4. Plug the other end of the
communication cable into the host’s
5. Plug the external power supply into the
power jack on the PowerLink cable.
Check the AC input
requirements of the power
supply to verify the voltage
matches the AC outlet. The
outlet must be located near
the equipment and be easily
6. Connect AC power to the transformer.
7. The MS1890 will start to initialize. All LEDs (yellow, white, and blue) will
light for approximately 2 seconds then start to flash alternately. When the
scanner has finished initializing the LEDs will stop flashing and the unit will
beep 3 times indicating that the scanner is ready for use.
8. Turn on the host device.
Plugging the scanner into a port on the host device does not guarantee
that scanned information will be communicated properly to the host
device. The scanner is shipped from the factory configured with default
settings. Please refer to the MetroSelect Single-Line Configuration
00-02544) or MetroSet2’s help files for instructions on
changing the scanner’s configuration. In addition, please check that the
scanner and host system are using the same communication protocol.
See page 6.