CANNER TO THE
1. Turn off the host device.
2. Plug the male 10-pin RJ45 end of
the PowerLink cable into the 10-pin
socket on the MS1890. There will be
an audible click when the connector
3. Slide the protective cable boot up the
cable, over the connector and onto
the end of scanner handle.
4. Connect the 9-pin D-type connector
of the communication cable to the
proper COM port of the host device.
5. Plug the power supply into the power
jack on the PowerLink cable.
Check the AC input
requirements of the power
supply to verify the voltage
matches the AC outlet. The
outlet must be located near
the equipment and be easily
6. Connect AC power to the transformer.
7. The MS1890 will start to initialize. All LEDs (yellow, white, and blue) will
light for approximately 2 seconds then start to flash alternately. When the
scanner has finished initializing the LEDs will stop flashing and the unit will
beep three times indicating that the scanner is ready for use.
8. Turn on the host device.
Plugging the scanner into a port on the host system does not guarantee
that scanned information will be communicated properly to the host
system. The scanner is shipped from the factory configured with default
settings. Please refer to the MetroSelect Single-Line Configuration
00-02544) or MetroSet2’s help files for instructions on
changing the scanner’s configuration. In addition, please check that the
scanner and host system are using the same communication protocol.
See page 6.