Priming the Scale for Calibration (lbs. or kg)
Prime the scale before either method of calibration is started.
Calibrating the scanner/scale must be done after the unit has been
installed in the checkstand countertop.
It is important to use the correct certified (lb. or kg.) field weight set when
calibrating the scale.
1. Check the platter to ensure that
nothing is interfering with its freedom
to move. This includes cleaning out
the debris channel if the scanner/scale
has been previously used.
2. Apply power to the scanner/scale.
3. Once the unit is powered up wait 5
minutes before proceeding.
4. Place the 30.0 lb. weight or the
15 kg weight on the center of the
scale. Allow the weight to settle.
5. Remove the weight.
6. Repeat three times to prime the
scale before calibration.
Figure 58. Priming the Scale for Calibration
Figure 57. Scale Center
Figure 56. Debris Channels