LOW SPEED USB (EXTERNAL WITH MX009)
1. Turn off the host system.
2. Connect the USB/MX009 interface cable to the 2nd 10-pin socket on the
bottom of the scanner near the serial number label. Refer to figure 36 on
3. Connect the other end of the USB/MX009 interface cable to the host.
Before continuing verify that the USB interface cable is connected to
the appropriate socket on the scanner. An incorrect cable connection
can cause communication problems or potential damage to the
Plugging the scanner into the USB port of the PC does not guarantee
that scanned information will appear at the PC. A software driver and
correct configuration setting are also required for proper
communication to occur.
4. Steps 4 through 6 are for MS2020 scanner/scales using dual cable interfaces
where the scale is connected to the host with a separate communication
cable. If your Stratos model does not include a scale skip to step 7.
Connect the scale/host cable to the 1st 10-pin socket on the bottom of the
scanner next to the 3-pin Molex plug. Refer to figure 36 on page 39.
5. Connect the other end of the scale/host cable to the host device.
6. Connect the optional remote display cable to the 2nd 10-pin socket on the
bottom of the scanner near the 3-pin Molex plug.
7. Connect the external power supply to the 3-pin Molex plug on the bottom of
the scanner farthest away from the serial number label.
Check the AC input requirements of the power supply to make sure
the voltage matches the AC outlet. The outlet should be located
near the equipment and be easily accessible.