1. Turn off the host system.
2. Connect the RS232 interface cable to the 1st 10-pin socket on the bottom of
the scanner near the serial number label. Refer to figure 34 on page 33.
3. Connect the other end of the RS232 interface cable to the host device.
Before continuing, verify that the RS232 interface cable is connected
to the appropriate interface jack on the scanner. An incorrect cable
connection can cause communication problems or potential damage
to the scanner.
4. Steps 4 through 6 are for MS2020 scanner/scales using dual cable interfaces
where the scale is connected to the host with a separate communication
cable. If your Stratos model does not include a scale skip to step 7.
Connect the scale/host cable to the 1st 10-pin socket on the bottom of the
scanner next to the 3-pin Molex plug. Refer to figure 34 on page 33.
5. Connect the other end of the scale/host cable to the host device.
6. Connect the optional remote display cable to the 2nd 10-pin socket on the
bottom of the scanner near the 3-pin Molex plug.
7. Connect the external power supply to the 3-pin Molex plug on the bottom of
the scanner farthest away from the serial number label.
Check the AC input requirements of the power supply to make sure the
voltage matches the AC outlet. The outlet should be located near the
equipment and be easily accessible.
8. Connect AC power to the transformer.
Caution: To maintain compliance with applicable standards, all circuits
connected to the scanner must meet the requirements for SELV
(Safety Extra Low Voltage) according to EN/IEC 60950.
To maintain compliance with standard CSA C22.2 No. 60950/UL
60950 and norm EN/IEC 60950, the power source should meet
applicable performance requirements for a limited power source.