QUICK INSTALLATION OUTLINE
The following is a quick preview of the steps required for 1st time installations.
Each item is discussed in detail later in this section.
• Determine clearance, ventilation and service access requirements.
• Determine checkstand layout taking into account package flow, cable routing
and power requirements.
• Choose the mounting option which provides the best cable/power access
and unit stability.
• Unpack the unit.
• Make the appropriate countertop cutouts and install all support brackets.
• Place the unit in the counter.
• Install the platter.
• Follow the steps under the correct interface to connect the cables and power
• Program the unit for the correct interface.
• Calibrate the scale (for the MS2020 model only).
Before installing your Stratos scanner/scale, please consider the following items.
A minimum clearance height of 7.50" from the checkstand surface is needed for
the vertical 'hood' on all of the scanner models. Additional clearance is
recommended for unobstructed LED viewing by the operator.
Ventilation and Spacing
All Stratos models have a die-cast housing to dissipate heat allowing the unit to
operate without a ventilation fan. Metrologic recommends that the temperature
surrounding the unit does not exceed 40°C (104°F). There should be adequate
convection and minimal heat producing equipment in close proximity of the unit.
A cooling fan with a filter is recommended if there will be a conveyor motor or
other heat producing equipment close to the unit that will create a high
Adequate spacing between the unit and the checkstand opening is required for
proper operation of the scale. When the scanner/scale model is mounted
properly, the scale platter should be able to move up and down freely without
hitting the edges of the checkstand cutout. Refer to Installing the Unit in the
Counter for detailed cutout dimensions and mounting instructions.