The IS6520/MS6520 Cubit has 3 modes of programming.
Bar Codes: Cubit can be configured by scanning the bar codes located in the
MetroSelect Configuration Guide (MLPN 00-02407). Please refer to this guide for
instructions. This manual can be downloaded for FREE from Metrologic’s
MetroSet®: This user-friendly Windows-based configuration program allows you
to simply ‘point-and-click’ at the desired scanner options. This program can be
downloaded for FREE from Metrologic’ website (www.metrologic.com), or set-up
disks can be ordered by calling 1-800-ID-METRO.
Serial Programming: This mode of programming is ideal for OEM applications.
This mode gives the end-user the ability to send a series of commands using the
serial port of the host system. The commands are equivalent to the numerical
values of the bar codes located in the MetroSelect Configuration Guide.
How does Serial Programming work?
1. Each command sent to the scanner is the ASCII representation of each
numeral in the configuration bar code. The entire numeric string is framed
with an ASCII [stx] and an ASCII [etx].
EXAMPLE #1: Command for Disabling Codabar
Command = [stx]100104[etx]
String Sent to Scanner = 02h 31h 30h 30h 31h 30h 34h 03h
(All values are hexadecimal).
2. If the command sent to the scanner is valid, the scanner will respond with
3. If the command sent to the scanner in invalid, the scanner will respond with
NOTE: If this occurs, the end-user must start over at the very beginning of
the configuration sequence. Simply re-tranmsitting the invalid
command will not work, you must start over.
4. During programming, the motor and laser remain active. YOU CANNOT
SCAN ANY BAR CODES WHILE IN PROGRAM MODE.
5. There is a 20 second window between commands. If a 20 second timeout
occurs, the scanner will send a [nak] and you must start over.