6 Shape Generator
Shape generator is a powerful function which allows you to easily complete a complicated
programming job. It can make the pan/tilt run in circle, square or spiral shapes, the intensity channel in
wave-like dimming and RGB in rainbow effects, etc. In the Creator Compact, 5 shapes can be output
simultaneously, but, only 1 can be edited.
To use Shape Generator, enter the Programming Mode first (inactivate the <Run> button).
6.1 Load a shape
1) Patch the channel type first.
2) Press <Shape >, then select [Playback a Shape] and press <Enter> to enter the Shape menu.
3) Select the desired fixtures to apply shapes to.
4) Press Up/Down to select a desired option for application. Press <Enter> to confirm and enter to the
5) Press Up/Down to select a desired option for application. Press <Enter> to select.
6) Modify the corresponding channels of the fixture to create your effect.
6.2 Edit a shape
1) Play shapes (see Section 5.1).
2) If you want to edit some shapes you have played, select [Edit Shapes]. Use Up/Down button to
highlight the shapes you want select or de-select, then use <Enter> to mark. The shapes you select
will mark with “*”. If the shape is the one you have played the last and ever used [Edit Shapes]
function, jump this step.
3) Select “Shape Parameters” in the Shape menu and Press <Enter>.
4) Press <Enter> to change the directions of the shape. Press Up/Down to select the Size and Speed or
Repeat and Spread. Roll Wheel A/B to modify.
Size: The amplitude.
Speed: The running speed of the shape.
Repeat: Repeats pattern after repeat number of fixtures.
Spread: How the instruments are spread across the pattern, 0=even spread.
6.3 Delete a shape
Select [Delete Shapes] in the Shape menu. Use Up/Down button to highlight the shapes you want select
or de-select, then use <Enter> to mark. The shapes you select will mark with “*”. Press Delete> button to