QUICK INSTALLATION OUTLINE
The following is a quick preview of the steps required for 1st time installations. Each item is discussed in detail later in this
• Determine clearance, ventilation and service access requirements.
• Determine checkout counter layout taking into account package flow, cable routing and power requirements.
• Choose the mounting option which provides the best cable/power access and unit stability.
• Unpack the unit.
• Make the appropriate countertop cutouts and install all support brackets.
• Place the unit in the counter.
• Install the platter.
• Follow the steps under the correct interface to connect the cables and power supply.
• Configure the unit for the correct interface.
• Calibrate the scale.
Before installing your StratosS scanner/Avery scale, please consider the following items.
A minimum clearance height of 5.25" from the checkout counter surface is needed for the vertical 'hood' on all of the scanner
Ventilation and Spacing
All StratosS models have a die-cast housing to dissipate heat allowing the unit to operate without a ventilation fan. Metrologic
recommends that the temperature surrounding the unit does not exceed 40°C (104°F). There should be adequate convection
and minimal heat producing equipment in close proximity of the unit. A cooling fan with a filter is recommended if there will be
a conveyor motor or other heat producing equipment close to the unit that will create a high temperature environment.
Adequate spacing between the unit and the checkout counter opening is required for proper operation of the scale. When the
scanner/scale model is mounted properly, the scale platter should be able to move up and down freely without hitting the
edges of the checkout counter cutout. Refer to Installing the Unit in the Counter for detailed cutout dimensions and mounting