Tally Dascom 1125
Sometimes it is necessary update the firmware to solve a problem. The latest firmware file may be obtained
from your dealer or downloaded from our website www.dascom.com. Before upgrading firmware, it is
strongly recommended to print the Main Menu page to keep a record of the old settings.
Note: Firmware update should only be performed by an authorized service person. We disclaim any
responsibility for any damage caused if it is performed by any other person.
To load new firmware, proceed as follows:
1. Switch off the printer. Connect your PC to the parallel port on the printer.
2. Press and hold down all 4 keys (S1, S2, S3, S4) while powering on the printer.
3. Alternate flashing of L3 and L4 LEDs indicates printer is ready for firmware update. L1 and L2 LEDs
are ON and OFF respectively.
4. Go to the DOS prompt window. Copy the firmware file (with extension .MOT) to your printer as
COPY /B <filename>.mot PRN
5. When new firmware is being received, L3 and L4 LEDs are set to ON. L1 LED flashes a few times,
then sets to ON. L2 LED flashing indicates downloading in progress.
Note: Do not interrupt the downloading process to prevent possible flash memory corruption.
6. When downloading is completed, the carriage returns to home position. Printer initializes normally.
Alternatively, you can use the Firmware Flash Tool version 3.5 or higher which is available in the CDROM and
our website as well. Upon starting up the tool, choose the correct file and press "Update".