Tally Dascom 1125
Your printer requires very little care. Occasional cleaning and replacement of the ribbon cartridge are all that is
required. Cleaning is recommended approximately every 6 months or 300 hours of operation, whichever is
sooner. Lubrication of the printer is not usually necessary. If the print head carriage does not move smoothly
back and forth, clean the printer in the manner described in this chapter. If the problem continues, contact your
dealer to determine whether lubrication may be necessary.
Switch printer off and unplug the power cord from
the mains before doing any maintenance work.
The housing and the top cover of the printer help protect it against dust, dirt, and other contaminants.
However, paper produces small particles that accumulate inside the printer. This section explains how to clean
and vacuum the printer and how to clean the paper bail rollers. It is easier to clean the printer when the cover
Cleaning and Vacuuming the Printer
If the print head carriage does not move smoothly back and forth or paper particles have accumulated in the
printer, clean the printer.
To clean and vacuum the printer:
1. Remove any paper from the printer. Make sure that the power is off, and then disconnect the printer
2. Using a soft vacuum brush, vacuum the exterior of the printer. Also vacuum the cut sheet edge.
3. Use a soft, damp cloth to wipe the exterior of the printer, including the cover. A mild detergent may be
used. Do not use solvents, kerosene, or abrasive cleaning materials that may damage the printer.
4. Open the cover of the printer and remove the ribbon cartridge. Using a soft vacuum brush, gently vacuum
the platen, the print head carriage and shaft, and surrounding areas. You can easily slide the print head to
the left or right when the power is off. Be careful not to press too hard on the flat head cable that extends
from the print head carriage.
5. Re-install the ribbon cartridge.
6. Remove the single sheet feeder and clean the form tractors and the surrounding areas. 7
. Re-install the single sheet feeder.
Cleaning the Paper Rollers
Clean the platen and paper bail rollers occasionally or when stains or smudges appear on the paper. Use a mild
detergent as appropriate. Do not use alcohol to clean the platen or the rollers. Alcohol may cause the rubber to
To clean the rollers and the platen:
1. Apply a small amount of water to a soft cloth. Avoid spilling liquid inside the printer.
2. Place the cloth against the platen and manually rotate the paper feed knob.
3. Repeat this procedure for each roller.