Battery Tips and Cautions
Before the FocusBT can be placed in operation the battery pack must be
charged for a minimum of 8 hours. After the initial preparation charge of
8 hours, the battery will only require 6 hours to come to a full charge when it
gives a Low Battery warning (see page 8). Follow the steps on page 7 to fully
charge the battery.
Once charged, the unit is able to handle 5400 continuous first pass readings over
a period of approximately 9 hours. After 30 seconds of no activity the scanner
will go into a sleep mode to conserve battery life.
Observe proper precautions when handling batteries.
Batteries may leak or explode if improperly handled. Observe the following
precautions when handling batteries for use in this product:
• Be sure the battery is turned off before replacing the battery.
• Be sure the battery is turned off when installed in the charger.
• Use only batteries approved for use in this equipment.
Do not mix old and new batteries or batteries of different types.
• Do not attempt to insert the battery upside down or backwards.
• Do not short or disassemble the battery.
• Do not expose the battery to flame or excessive heat.
• Do not immerse the battery in water or expose it to water.
• Do not transport or store with metal objects such as necklaces or hairpins.
• Batteries are prone to leakage when fully discharged.
To avoid damage to the product, be sure to remove the battery when no
• When not in use store the battery in a cool dry place.
• Discontinue use immediately should you notice any changes in the
battery, such as discoloration or deformation.
• Please recycle used batteries in accordance with local regulations.
Charger Status Indicators
There are two status indicators on the front of the charger located under the
Metrologic Logo. The following table lists how these indicators will illuminate
depending on the status of the charger.
CHARGER STATUS BLUE LED (PW) WHITE LED (CH)
Charging On Blinking
Fully Charged On Solid
Power On On OFF
Power Off OFF OFF