KEYBOARD WEDGE INSTALLATION
1. Turn off the host system.
2. Connect the 10-pin RJ45 male connector of the PowerLink cable into the
jack on the MS6220.
3. Connect the L-shaped plug of the power supply into the power jack on the
PowerLink cable (refer to the manufacturer’s recommendation on page 6).
4. Make sure the AC input requirements of the power supply match the AC
outlet. Connect the power supply into an AC outlet (see caution statement
5. Disconnect the keyboard from the host system.
6. The PowerLink “Y” cable is terminated with a 5-pin DIN female connector on
one end, and a 6-pin mini DIN male on the other. Metrologic will supply an
adapter cable with a 5-pin DIN male connector on one end and a 6-pin mini
DIN female connector on the other. According to the termination required,
connect the appropriate end of the adapter cable to the PowerLink “Y” cable,
leaving the necessary termination exposed for connecting to the keyboard
and the keyboard port on the host system.
7. Connect the PowerLink “Y” cable to the keyboard and keyboard port on the
8. Power up the host system.
9. When the MS6220 is ready to scan, the green LED will turn on, the red LED
will flash and the scanner will beep once.
To maintain compliance with applicable standards, all circuits connected to the scanner must meet
the requirements for SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage) according to EN 60950.
*To maintain compliance with standard CSA C22.2 No. 950/UL 1950 and norm EN 60950, the power
source should meet applicable performance requirements for a limited power source.
**To maintain compliance with federal regulations 21 CFR, Part 1040.10, section (f)(6) the scanner
must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a switch accessible to the user or be powered by a host
system containing a switch that will disable power to the scanner