STANDARD SCANNER INSTALLATION
1. Turn off the host system.
2. Connect the 10-pin RJ45 male connector of the PowerLink cable into the
jack on the MS6220.
Note: If the MS6220 is receiving power from the host system, skip to step
#5. (See caution statement below*)
3. Connect the L-shaped plug of the power supply into the power jack on the
PowerLink cable. (See caution statement below**)
4. Make sure the AC input requirements of the power supply match the AC
outlet. Connect the power supply into an AC outlet.
5. Connect the PowerLink cable to the proper port on the host system.
6. Turn on the host system
7. When the MS6220 is ready to scan, the green LED will turn on, the red LED
will flash and the scanner will beep once.
Plugging the scanner into a port on the host system does not guarantee that the
scanned information will be communicated properly to the host system. The
scanner and/or the host system may need to be configured for communications
To maintain compliance with applicable standards, all circuits connected to the scanner must meet
the requirements for SELV (Safety Extra Low Voltage) according to EN 60950.
*To maintain compliance with standard CSA C22.2 No. 950/UL 1950 and norm EN 60950, the power
source should meet applicable performance requirements for a limited power source.
**To maintain compliance with federal regulations 21 CFR, Part 1040.10, section (f)(6) the scanner
must be plugged into an electrical outlet with a switch accessible to the user or be powered by a host
system containing a switch that will disable power to the scanner.