Sending a Call
1. Turn Channel Selector knob to desired channel.
2. Press PTT and speak clearly with mouth about 2.5 to 5 cm (1 to 2 inches)
away from microphone.
3. Release PTT to listen.
Receiving a Call
1. Turn radio on and set volume level.
2. Switch to desired channel.
3. When a call is received, it will be heard at the volume level you set.
Deleting a Nuisance Channel During Scanning
1. While on a nuisance channel, press and hold preprogrammed Scan button
until you hear a tone.
2. Release Scan button.
Sounding an Emergency Siren
• Press preprogrammed Emergency button (Top button [D]) to sound
• Press Emergency button again to stop Emergency Siren.
PR860™ Quick Reference Card
Record the functions for your radio’s programmable buttons in the table
provided below. For further information, see page 6 in this User Guide.
Side Button 1 (A)
Side Button 2 (B)
Side Button 3 (C)
Channel Selector Knob
Top Button (D)
Button Function Short Press Long Press Hold Down Page