This document contains important safety and
operating instructions. Read these instructions
carefully and save them for future reference.
Before using the battery charger, read all the
instructions and cautionary markings on
• the charger,
• the battery, and
• the radio using the battery
1. To reduce risk of injury, charge only the
batteries. Other batteries may explode,
causing personal injury and damage.
2. Use of accessories not recommended by
Motorola may result in risk of fire, electric
shock, or injury.
3. To reduce risk of damage to the electric
plug and cord, pull by the plug rather than
the cord when disconnecting the charger.
4. An extension cord should not be used
unless absolutely necessary. Use of an
improper extension cord could result in
risk of fire and electric shock. If an
extension cord must be used, make sure
that the cord size is 18AWG for lengths
up to 100 feet (30.48 m), and 16AWG for
lengths up to 150 feet (45.72 m).
5. To reduce risk of fire, electric shock, or
injury, do not operate the charger if it has
been broken or damaged in any way.
Take it to a qualified Motorola service
6. Do not disassemble the charger; it is not
repairable and replacement parts are not
available. Disassembly of the charger
may result in risk of electrical shock or
7. To reduce risk of electric shock, unplug
the charger from the AC outlet before
attempting any maintenance or cleaning.