Charging the Battery
Use only the charger supplied with the radio, or other _Series power accessories.
For optimum battery life, do not charge the battery for prolonged periods after it is
fully charged. Charging the battery over the weekend is acceptable.
Using the Drop-in Charger
1. Place the charger on a flat surface.
2. Insert the plug of the power cord into the jack
on the charger.
3. Plug the cord into an AC outlet.
4. Turn the radio off. If the radio is on while
charging, it will take longer to fully charge.
5. Insert the radio (with battery installed) into
the front charging pocket.
Note: The radio will fit in the charger with the
The drop-in charger will also sequentially charge a spare Li-Ion battery. The spare
battery will not begin to charge until the radio battery is fully charged. Both batteries
will charge in approximately 8 to 10 hours.